Introduction to Health Care Data Analytics Course
A HIMSS analytics training course
HIMSS in collaboration with Bellevue College is offering a free Introduction to Health Care Data Analytics course. Course begins March 12 and must be completed by May 20.
- Enhance your career with in-demand skills with this free one-time opportunity
- Earn 20 CEs upon course completion
- Online, self-paced, approximately 25 hours
- Optional interaction with other participants through discussion forums
- Complete on your own schedule between 3/12 and 5/20
Data analytics plays an increasingly greater role in health care organizations, while many healthcare professionals lack training in this vital area. Introduction to Health Care Data Analytics, a 10 week, 25-hour online course addresses this pressing need. It provides healthcare employees in a broad range of roles (clinical and non-clinical) with foundational knowledge of analytics, covering key components of the data analysis process, including strategies for effectively capturing and communicating information gleaned from data analytics efforts. The overarching goal is to equip participants to effectively contribute to and/or conduct data analytics projects. This introductory course does not have an IT-intensive focus; the only technical skill required is basic proficiency with Excel. Familiarity with statistical thinking would be helpful, but is not required.