Team Toolkit: PrEP Process Mapping
This team toolkit is designed to support team-based learning, reflection, and action on the use of process mapping as a tool to document Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) clinical and EHR workflows. Health center teams can follow the steps outlined in this toolkit to develop a process map of an existing or planned PrEP service workflow and to identify opportunities to streamline and improve that workflow.
At completion of this toolkit, health center teams will be able to:
- Clarify workflows and processes related to PrEP services
- Implement, enhance, and revise processes to streamline access to PrEP care
- Identify strategies to leverage health IT in PrEP service workflows
How To Use This Resource
- Assemble a team of 4 to 6 health center staff who provide PrEP services. Team members may include PrEP navigators, data entry staff, PrEP prescribers, electronic health record (EHR) specialists, clinicians, HIV Program Managers, testing staff, and benefits counselors.
- Individual team members can review Steps 1 and 2 at their own pace.
- Once all team members have completed Steps 1 and 2 hold the four meetings outlined in Step 3. Each team member should be present at every meeting.
- Upon completion of the Team Toolkit, each team member can fill out the submission form at the end of the toolkit. Each team member who completes this toolkit is rewarded with an official Badge of Completion that is submitted by the HITEQ Center as a proof of completion to the blockchain. This credential can be added to profiles such as LinkedIn, and verified through accreditation services such as Accredible and Open Badge.
The three steps will take approximately 6 hours to complete. It will take an additional 5 hours for 1 or 2 team members (the Process Map Designers) to create and update the process map draft outside of team meetings.