Team Toolkit: PrEP Process Mapping
This team toolkit is designed to support team-based learning, reflection, and action on the use of process mapping as a tool to document Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) service workflows. Health center teams can follow the steps outlined in this resource to develop a process map of an existing PrEP service workflow, or a workflow you plan to implement, and identify opportunities to streamline and improve that workflow.
As a result of the completion of this package, health center teams will be able to:
- Clarify workflows and processes related to PrEP services
- Implement. enhance, or revise processes to streamline access to PrEP care
- Identify strategies for leveraging health IT in PrEP sercie workflows
How To Use This Resource
- Assemble a team of 4-6 health center staff involved in the provision of PrEP services. Team members may include staff such as PrEP navigators, data entry staff, PrEP prescribers, electronic health record (EHR) specialists, clinicians, HIV Program Managers, testing staff, and benefits counselors.
- Individual team members can review Steps 1 and 2 at their own pace.
- Once all team members have completed Steps 1 and 2, hold the four meetings outlined in Step 3. Each team member should be present at every meeting.
- Upon completion of the Team Toolkit, each team member can fill out the submission form at the end of the package and you will be rewarded with a Badge! This is an official badge that is submitted by the HITEQ Center as a proof of completion to the blockchain. Your credentials can be added to profiles such as LinkedIn and verified through accreditation services such as Accredible and Open Badge.
Step 1: Watch the video
Step 2: Review recommendations to focus on health IT
Step 3: Create your PrEP process map
This package will take approximately 6 hours to complete. It will take an additional 5 hours for 1 or 2 team members (the Process Map Designers) to create and update the process map draft outside of team meetings.
- Individual work (Steps 1 and 2): 45 minutes
- Team Meetings: Four meetings totalling 5 hours 15 mins
- Process Map design (done by 1-2 team members): 5 hours