Improving PrEP Access through Monitoring and Engagement
In support of Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America (EHE), HRSA collaborated with health center experts in the field to discuss how to improve access to pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) through monitoring and patient engagement. Speakers addressed real-time challenges and solutions that health centers face daily as they integrate HIV care and testing into primary care settings.
- Training providers to interact with patients, including taking a sexual history.
- How the clinic has maintained patient engagement during COVID-19.
- Overcoming barriers with getting patients on PrEP.
- Patient education and support when prescribing PrEP.
- Monitoring medication adherence.