Step 5: Choose our follow-up actions
- As a team, choose your follow-up actions and assign team members to complete each one. Follow-up actions may include:
- Wind down investments (e.g., discontinue any tools, platforms, etc.) that are not meeting our needs.
- Implement improvements needed to address challenges.
- Assign duties for improvements
- Create training or reference materials
- For those tools that will continue to be used, validate and audit usage to sustain the use of the tools on an ongoing basis.
- Agree on a monitoring plan that includes:
- Validation (Is the tool working as expected?)
- Usage (Is everyone we would expect using the tool regularly?)
- Performance (Are our expectations being met in terms of reach, response, time, etc.?)
- Create a feedback mechanism for those tools that we are keeping.
- Add buttons/ links to pages or tools that say something like “Email us to let us know if you are having trouble.”
- Determine how accountability will be embedded in the use of tools, as that will be critical for long term sustainability
Outcome of this step:
Establish responsibilities and timeframes for these follow-up actions and set up a meeting to check in on them.