This Excel file dashboard was shared by an existing health center and is used to depict performance on UDS measures over time. It was recently updated 2018 reporting requirements and clinical measures.
Download the Excel file below, and follow these steps to get started:
- Begin by updating information as necessary. For example:
- If measures have changed or you would like to track a slightly different measure, then reflect that change in the numerator and denominator description on the relevant clinical measure's tab
- Update column headers on each clinical measures tab with the dates you will be monitoring, as needed
- i.e., monthly, quarterly, etc.
- Remove extra rows as necessary
- i.e., if your organization has three sites, then you would leave Goal, Clinics A through C, and Organization, and delete the other rows. Alternatively, you can use them for other stratifications (care teams, different subpopulations of patients, etc.) and you would just change the labels
- Pull data for patients seen in the last 12 months or some other predetermined time period (which is key to ensure that data each month will be comparable) in accordance with the appropriate definitions for each measure, by site and for the whole organization.
- Plug the data into the each clinical measure tab of Excel file
- Add data in subsequent time periods as desired
- Then check the Charts tab of this Excel file for your monitoring charts!
This can be used to communicate with staff or monitor performance on UDS measures, and can be tweaked to use for other measures. There is also a tab with some real world advice on creating and using basic data monitoring dashboards included on the first tab.
Download the dashboard tool below!