EHR Optimization Series: Part Two of Three
Including slides, Workflow tool, and Provider Scorecard
The second of a three-part EHR Optimization series focused on establishing goals and expectations for optimizing EHR utilization and sharing proven strategy/tools for optimizing EHR utilization, including slides and related tools.
- EHR Optimization Session 2 Slides
- From the second May 2017 Learning Session
- Provider Scorecard: Assessing accurate EHR documentation
- This resource provides a process and method that can be used to evaluate the degree to which an individual provider or care team member consistently documents required information in the appropriate place in the EHR.
- Blank and Sample (completed, filled-in) versions are available for download below.
- EHR Workflow Worksheet: EHR Optimization tool to map the workflow to enhance performance on a particular clinical measure
- This tool provides a structured way to review how data is captured and input in the EHR for a particular clinical measure across the clinical team including registration, pre-visit planning, nursing, and provider visit. The sample uses the BMI Percentile Children (CMS 155 v5) as an example, and a blank version is also provided. Using the workflow tool will help answer questions on which components of the data are entered by whom, and facilitate soliciting feedback from staff on ways to improve efficient and accurate data capture.
Download each of these resources below, in the Documents to Download section.
Documents to download
HITEQ EHR Optimization Session 2 Slides(.pdf, 1.16 MB) - 835 download(s)
From February 2018 Learning Session
Provider Scorecard(.docx, 130.35 KB) - 702 download(s)
Blank version for download and use assessing accurate EHR documentation, February 2018.
EXAMPLE Provider Scorecard(.docx, 128.66 KB) - 861 download(s)
Example completed version showing how this tool can be used to assess accurate EHR documentation, May 2017.
Workflow Tool(.docx, 51.57 KB) - 847 download(s)
Blank version for download and use mapping the workflow to enhance performance on a particular clinical measure, February 2018.
EXAMPLE Workflow Tool(.pdf, 147.37 KB) - 879 download(s)
Example completed version showing how this tool can be used to map the workflow to enhance performance on Adult BMI, May 2017.
Workflow Alignment Worksheet(.docx, 132.15 KB) - 626 download(s)
Blank version for download and use to help align health center work flow by capturing required data for a performance measure, February 2018
|Intended Audience||Clinical Quality Team members, Health Center IT and Quality Staff|