EHR Optimization Series: Part One of Three
Including Performance Measure Crosswalk and Data Definition Worksheet
The first of a three-part EHR Optimization series focused on establishing goals and expectations for optimizing EHR utilization and sharing proven strategy/tools for optimizing EHR utilization, including slides and related tools.
- EHR Optimization Session 1 Slides
- From May 2017 Learning Session; agenda includes:
- EHR Optimization Defined
- Identifying “Waste”
- Data Life Cycle
- Strategies for EHR Optimization
- Closing/ Discussions/ Sharing
- eCQM Crosswalk for UDS, MIPS, PCMH, etc.: Quality Measure reference tool to understand relationship between eCQM, PCMH, Meaningful Use and UDS data measures
- The CMS eCQI Resource Center is the definitive eCQM resource. This tool provides a quick crosswalk to the eCQM measure definitions and guidance to which of the eCQM measures are reported for UDS 2019, MIPS, CPC+, and NCQA PCMH. *Updated in March 2020*
- Performance Measure Data Definition Worksheet: Organizational tool to confirm eCQM measure specifications match EHR vendor logic
- ONC EHR Certification criteria means that vendors use eCQMs’ (electronic Clinical Quality Measures’) specifications to define measures. Therefore, reported data for a measure should be consistent regardless of vendor. In practice, however, it is important to confirm the vendor’s logic is consistent with the health center’s definition and workflows. This tool supports alignment of the health center’s data definition with the vendor’s reporting logic.
Download each of these resources below, in the Documents to Download section.
Access part two and three of this series as well!
|Intended Audience||Clinical Quality Team members, Health Center IT and Quality Staff|
Documents to download
HITEQ EHR Optimization Session 1 Slides(.pdf, 1.27 MB) - 681 download(s)
From February 2018 Learning Session.
Performance Measure Data Definition Worksheet(.pdf, 101.59 KB) - 593 download(s)
Organizational tool to confirm eCQM measure specifications match EHR vendor logic, updated February 2018.
eCQM Crosswalk for UDS, MIPS, PCMH, CPC+, etc.(.pdf, 197.19 KB) - 165 download(s)
Quality Measure reference tool to understand relationship between eCQM, PCMH, UDS, and other data measures, updated March 2020.