Step 1: Identify digital patient engagement investments
- Facilitator: Gather the digital tools (all digital patient engagement investments that your health center has made) from Participants.
- Approaches for digital tool gathering:
- Gather the tools in advance via email or an electronic form.
- When submitting tools, have Participants enter the name of each tool, and a note or two about what works well and what doesn’t work well for each tool.
- Gather the tools in person by having Participants jot down all of the tools they can think of on sticky notes. Take a moment once Participants have added all the stickies to group them (e.g., remove duplicates by grouping stickies that describe the same tool), and be sure nothing has been missed.
- Ask Participants to identify challenges and successes for each of the tools identified. This does not need to be completely comprehensive; this is just intended to take the temperature of how each tool is working for staff and patients.
Outcome of this step:
A list of past and present digital patient engagement investments (digital tools) and a sense of where successes and challenges have been experienced with these tools.