Health Center Health IT/ EHR Assessment Tool
For PCAs and HCCNs to Assess Health IT across Multiple Health Centers
HITEQ created this template to assist HCCNs, PCAs, or other organizations in conducting health IT assessments of multiple health centers. The questions within this instrument were adopted from proposed UDS health IT capabilities questions and the HITEQ Center's Meaningful Use readiness assessment survey. This instrument may include some questions that are more comprehensive than some organizations need, but a secondary goal is to ease future responses to UDS and other health IT-related surveys.
How to use this tool:
- You may choose to start by viewing the videos linked above, or in the links section below.
- This tool is formatted with questions (and descriptions of expected responses) in Column A. Each sheet is pre-formatted for up to 5 health centers (Column B to F), and organizations surveying more than 5 health centers can simply cut and paste additional columns as needed.
- A potential usage scenario is for the organization (HCCN, PCA,etc.) to instruct each health center to complete the survey using column B. The organization can then collect completed surveys and simply cut and paste responses from each health center into a different column.
- The user is expected to respond to all the cell with the LIGHT ORANGE background. For your convenience, all other cells are blocked from writing. Should you need to unlock the spreadsheet for edits, the password is HITEQ.
- Please note that some questions in sections C, D, and E have corresponding questions in section B, Meaningful Use, and should be answered there.
- Some cells are limited to appropriate answer types for your convenience (e.g., >=0, date ranges, Y/N, etc.)
Download the tool below. Please contact HITEQ to request support in implementing this instrument; we are looking for additional opportunities to test this instrument and provide technical assistance at no cost. We also welcome any feedback you have!